Re: [logs] log analysis of netfilter entries?

From: Alexander Gretencord (aruthaat_private)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 02:37:10 PST

    On Saturday 08 December 2001 00:50, you wrote:

    > This sounded fantastic until I tried it.
    > You know what? Its in the man page, but when I try to use
    > it I get;
    > iptables v1.2.2: Unknown arg `--log-prefix`
    >
    > Its in the &$@! man page!!! Its there in black and white!
    > But it ain't in the program!
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Yes it _is_ in the program. You have to put -j LOG *before* the --log-prefix
    or else it won't work and you have to actually specify some string after the
    --log-prefix or else it will complain that --log-prefix was not found (when
    really it just didn't find a string supplied to it.

    Alex

    deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin