RE: [logs] Backup

From: Gonzalo Garcia (GO_GARCIAat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 11:38:56 PST

    I recomend you before starting to plan a tape rotation to spend some time
    and think about this:

     * How much time do you have to preserve your logs.
     * You have to determine the backup frecuency according with your needs.
     * You should have a backup control method to register "WHO - WHEN - WHAT
    -HOW" were the backups done.

    I'm using the Grandfather-Father-Son Method, there are many others such as
    HANOI Algorithm, ...

    <http://www.seagate.com/products/tapesales/backup/A2g1.html>

    Atte, Gonzalo.