Re: [logs] Realtime log checking with special features : any software ?

From: Wolfgang Ley - Sun Germany - Hamburg (Wolfgang.Leyat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 02:35:22 PST

    Hi,

    you can use logsurfer (http://www.cert.dfn.de/eng/logsurf/). This
    program allows you to follow the logs in "realtime" (well - as they
    are getting added). It has no variable for throttling but you can
    very easy include this throtteling:
    After a match fire up your action and add another rule in front
    of your current one to capture this message(s). This additional
    rule is generated with an "ignore" action and has a line limit (how
    often to you want to ignore this message) and/or a time limit (for
    how long do you want to ignore this message).

    For details see the manpage.

    Bye,
      Wolfgang.
    Wolfgang Ley                           Enterprise Services
    Solaris Competence Center              Wolfgang.Leyat_private
    Sun Microsystems GmbH                  Tel: +49 40 251523-0
    Eiffestrasse 80                        Fax: +49 40 251523-77
    D-20537 Hamburg                        http://www.sun.de/