Re: [logs] Realtime log checking with special features : any software ?

From: Brian Birkinbine (bbirkinbineat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 19:04:04 PST

    You might consider sec.pl  (http://www.estpak.ee/~risto/sec/)
    One perl script, regular expression support, and the following
    event correlation rule types:

    * Single - match input event and immediately execute an action that is specified by rule.

    * SingleWithScript - match input event and execute an action immediately if external script specified by rule returns zero for its exit value.

    * SingleWithSuppress - match input event and execute an action immediately, but ignore following matching events for the next t seconds.

    * Pair - match input event, execute an action immediately and ignore following matching events until some other input event arrives. On the arrival of second event execute another action.

    * PairWithWindow - match input event and wait for t seconds for other input event to arrive. If that event is not observed within given time window, execute an action. If the event arrives on time, execute another action.

    * SingleWithThreshold - count matching input events during t seconds and if given threshold is exceeded, execute an action and ignore all matching events during rest of the time window.

    * SingleWith2Thresholds - count matching input events during t1 seconds and if given threshold is exceeded, execute an action. Now start to count matching events again and if their number per t2 seconds drops below second threshold, execute another action.

    * Suppress - suppress matching input event (useful for avoiding the event to be matched by following rules).

    * Calendar - execute an action at specific times

    --
    Brian Birkinbine <bbirkinbineat_private>
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x37D55FF6