[logs] Throttle problem

From: Ray Carlson (rlcarlsonat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 08:39:36 PST

    I installed Perl 5.6.1, Date-Calc-5.0, Time-HiRes-01.20,
    File-Tail-0.98, TimeDate-1.10, and swatch-3.0.4 on a HPux
    11.00 machine.  Now when I use the throttle command, I get
    various results.  Sometimes nothing comes out, sometimes I
    get the initial message, but nothing after that, and
    sometime I get messages that say x number of times in the
    last time period, where the time period may be anything up
    to 3 or 4 hours, even though the throttle is set at 2:00.
    This may be due to swatch checking the entire file even though
    I have specified to tail the file.

    If I don't use the throttle command, everything seems to
    work properly.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what is
    going wrong?  Another user is using a version of swatch that
    he got from the snap file and it seems to work with perl
    5.6.0.

    I understand that the Author has stated that there is a problem
    with both the Throttle and the Tail commands that he will start
    working on in the near future.  Meanwhile, if anyone had developed
    any work-arounds or fixes, any help would be appreciated.

    Ray Carlson
    rlcarlsonat_private