Re: [logs] Throttle problem

From: Nate Campi (nateat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 11:28:34 PST

    On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 10:39:36AM -0600, Ray Carlson wrote:

    > I understand that the Author has stated that there is a problem
    > with both the Throttle and the Tail commands that he will start
    > working on in the near future.  Meanwhile, if anyone had developed
    > any work-arounds or fixes, any help would be appreciated.

    I've described on this list how I use a bash script to implement the
    throttle functionality of swatch (from swatch). I'm too lazy to see if
    Tina set up any archives of this list, if there is one, you'll find my
    description there.

    Otherwise, I already have the script and a quick description at
    http://www.campin.net/newlogcheck.html#swatch
    --
    Nate Campi | Terra Lycos DNS | WiReD UNIX Operations

    "Fifty years of programming language research, and we end up with C++ ???"
     - Richard A. O'Keefe.