Re: [logs] Apache Logs

From: Karl Vogel (vogelkeat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 10:36:48 PST

    >> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:54:46 -0500,
    >> "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjrat_private> said:

    M> I guess I've heard a lot of people talk about syslog bogging down under
    M> load but I've never seen any measures behind the claim; can anyone
    M> provide some hard information? I don't feel like writing a syslogd
    M> torture test - has anyone? Are we operating on hearsay?

       have lots of comments about syslog buckling under the strain of
       large-scale mailing list activity, but no measurements that I could find
       after a brief search.

    --
    Karl Vogel               ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433
    vogelkeat_private                   http://www.dnaco.net/~vogelke

    Lisa:   Dad, I think that's pretty spurious.
    Homer:  Well, thank you, honey.
                    --Homer Simpson, "Homer Vs. Lisa And The 8th Commandment"