Re: [logs] Tool for Statistical LogAnalysis over time?

From: Jason Haar (Jason.Haarat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 13:59:45 PST

    On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 09:22:33PM +0100, Mike Blomgren wrote:
    > However, judging from the responses so far, I think the best bet is to
    > save the actual loglines that are used for the statistics, and that
    > contain any 'interesting' informtaion. This would reduce the required
    > information to 1% of the original logsize, at least. Some information
    > will get lost, but the majority of it ought to be in the extract.

    I'm wondering on the feasability of merging syslog data into the Snort IDS
    SQL database. I think it's database is complex enough to handle this sort of
    data, and Web interfaces like ACID would make the data quite presentable...

    --
    Cheers

    Jason Haar

    Information Security Manager
    Trimble Navigation Ltd.
    Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417