[logs] syslogd recommendations

From: Tim Bell (Tim.Bellat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 11:26:14 PST

    I am looking for a syslogd which supports

    - reliable delivery
    - compiles on different Unixes (i.e. not Linux specific)

    I have reviewed the counterpane site and found several possible solutions

    - syslog-ng
    - msyslog
    - nsyslog
    - etc.

    Are there any real life experiences which would recommend one over any
    others for a production log host environment ?

    Tim Bell