Re: [logs] Update/copy logs to logserver (not via syslog)

From: Eric Mauricio (ericmaubrat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 12:29:11 PST

     --- Radek Spacil <spacilat_private> wrote:
    > Another question is about ssh transfer. How to
    > automate upload (rsync
    > or scp) without necessity of typing in passphrase -
    > is ssh key without
    > passphrase OK? Then this could work from cron
    > easily. Of course I
    > would create special user for this uploads, with
    > limited rights
    > (e.g. chroot /var/log on the server, no shell, etc).

    I use ssh/scp login without typing a passphrase for
    coping oracle archive logs.
    If you guard well the user directories that will have
    the RSA key, it's not a problem. No one could login in
    your server without the rsa public key.

    [],
     ericmau

    =====
    "Accurate measurement is the begining of all wisdom."
                               - Imhotep c.a. 2650 B.C.