Re: [logs] About Windows NT/2000 logs

From: Chris Adams (cadamsat_private)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 20:51:14 PST

    On Sunday, March 3, 2002, at 07:08 , zxm wrote:
    >    There are three types of logs in Windows NT/2000,including
    > Application log,Security log and System log.They are stored in
    > %systemroot%\system32\config.How do we gain the log data in the
    > logsfile except for the event viewer?I mean there is API to use whether
    > or not.

    Yes - there's an entire API for manipulating the event logs. You might
    want to download Perl from ActiveState.com - they include the
    Win32::EventLog module by default and the documentation includes some
    examples. A little bit of scripting will make you wonder how you ever
    managed to live with the event viewer.

    Chris