RE: [logs] About Windows NT/2000 logs

From: Desai, Ashish (Ashish.Desaiat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 08:49:07 PST

    The reason they are set up that way (pointer indirection to actual DLL/EXE)
    is because NT is multilingual ready and the eventvwr needs the ability to
    display the message in the language (german,french,yiddish,,kanji,etc ) in
    which
    the user is comfortable with. Also the date/time format vary by country
    hence
    eventvwr has to on the fly display stuff based on the user's locale.

    For fun, in W2K change your date format by going to "Start->Control
    Panel->Regional Options->General"
    and change your "locale" to "Finnish" and then start "eventvwr" and notice
    the format of the date its will be different.

    The whole world does NOT run on English or the US date/time format

    Ashish
    Fidelity Investments