[logs] Follow-up on "Enterprise Logging" book

From: Sweth Chandramouli (loganalysisat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 11:01:31 PST

    	Many thanks to all of the people who gave me feedback
    about my book.  After fleshing out the outline some more, and talking
    it over with my new editor, we realized that the new version was, if I
    covered everything I wanted to cover, going to hit the 1000 page mark
    and take 18 months to write, which didn't seem very practical.  Based on
    the feedback I got from you all, then, I'm going to be focusing the book
    on the Analysis side of things, discussing techniques that will
    hopefully be of general applicability to all log analysts regardless of
    their OS, application, etc., and not really going over the infrastructure
    part in as much detail.  (I'd still like to do the benchmarks and draw up
    some whitepapers on the infrastructure stuff, though, so I might do that
    in my free time (or, if I'm lucky, convince some clients that my doing so
    would on their dime be in their best interests :)).)

    	Thanks again to everyone who gave me any feedback on this.

    	-- Sweth.

    --
    Sweth Chandramouli ; <svcat_private>
    President, Idiopathic Systems Consulting