[logs] What log files?

From: zxm (xmzhaoat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 23:56:09 PST

    Hi,
        Networks include many logs,in many different places.Windows NT/2000,unix,linux,FreeBSD,OpenBSD,Firewalls,Routers,Switchs,MS SQL Server,Oracle,IIS,Apache,FTP,SMTP,DNS,Modems,Printers & Intrusion dection system ect can generate log files.But what log files are created and what formats and functions for log files in the above systems? If anybody know those clearly, please share them with me. I am very appreciated it.

    Regards,
    ZhaoXiaoMin