Re: [logs] immutable bit

From: Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau-conosat_private)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 01:10:14 PST

    On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Tina Bird wrote:

    > Is there a Solaris equivalent of Linux
    > chattr, to set a file to "no delete" or
    > "append only"?  A student asked yesterday
    > and I didn't know, off the top of my head.

    I have seen some functionnality of that under the acl and setacl function
    in trusted solaris but I think the "immutable" bit will (is?) in Solaris 9
    ?

    setacl and acl is specific to mandatory acces control in trusted solaris,
    I think.

    There is project (now included in OS ?) about immutable bit :
    http://www.cs.colorado.edu/department/events/cats/schedule/2000-2001.html#maybee

    Hope this helps.

    alx

    --