[logs] PIX logging recommendations

From: Langa Kentane (Langa.Kentaneat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 04:14:28 PDT

    Greetings,
    I am looking for a logging solution for Cisco PIX firewalls. For a syslog
    server, I will use either the Cisco syslog server or a FreeBSD or Linux box
    with syslog server, in fact anything will do here as long it's trusted,
    secure & has a good history. What I am looking for though is a log
    viewer/analyser solution that will either run on Windows or is web based
    that will run on Linux/FreeBSD.

    If possible, I am looking for a GNU/like solution but if that's a long shot,
    commercial will do.

    I have looked at CSPM, but I am not happy with the log presentation. I would
    like to get a solution that will resemble the CP log viewer in terms of
    functionality, ease of use & presentation.

    I have been searching around the net for solution. I have not yet tried any
    of the stuff I found. Please if you can, when you recommend, please tell me
    the pro's and con's of the product and why you chose it over the others.

    Any ideas?

    Regards

    Langa