Re: [logs] syslogd on win32

From: Kevin Jamieson (kevinat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 11:37:56 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 09:42:42AM -0700, Nicholas Berry wrote:
    > I've been tasked with implementing global centralized logging for unix,
    > NT (win2k) and network systems.  I've chosen syslog-ng for the server's
    > software which is currently logging all unix and network systems, but am
    > curious as to what people are using for win32 syslog implementations.
    >
    > Thoughts? Suggestions?
    >
    > I wasn't sure if this topic has been discussed on this mailing list, so
    > I apologize if that is the case.

    I've been tasked to the exact same thing.  Last week I set up NTsyslog on a test box at work, and it seems to be working pretty well.

    syslog-ng has been great for me so far on all of our linux boxes.. Although it seems elaborate at first, once you spend a little time with it it's really convienent and adapts well to new situations.

    NTsyslog can be found here: http://home.attbi.com/~sabernet/software/ntsyslog.html

    Kevin