Re: [logs] msyslog, mysql and real time alerts

From: Nate Campi (nateat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 15:44:10 PDT

    On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 03:35:16PM -0400, Jason Lewis wrote:

    > A system that can free up my time as a sysadmin.  Automating tasks that are
    > time consuming.

    Jason,

    My page at www.campin.net/newlogcheck.html shows how I did all this
    stuff, using open source tools. Well, one part I ended up having to
    write myself, and haven't released the code. Nobody else should need
    that code, though (unless they're running shitty Vignette Storyserver
    on Solaris).

    Tina links to my page from the web page for this list, so I don't always
    respond to posts for docs on this stuff, figuring people will eventually
    find it if they look.
    --
    When the government outlaws cryptography, bayl pevzvanyf jvyy unir
    cevinpl.