Re: [logs] regarding checkpoint logs..

From: Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandtat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 10:25:43 PDT

    On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 05:23:12PM +0200, Tycho Fruru wrote:
    > On 25 Apr 2002, meera  khatavkar wrote:
    >
    > > hi to all,
    > >   this is my first mail to the grp.
    > > Anyways, i've one query regarding checkpoint logs.
    > > If anybody has a look on it,plz let me know.
    > > i've something like 'too many internal hosts detected' in my info
    > > field. does anybody know what is the meaning of this?

    > Your firewall thinks there are too many hosts in your internal network.
    > Time to
    > (a) verify that your firewall correctly identifies your internal interface
    > (b) reset the internal licensing enforcement mechanism of checkpoint
    > (c) pay your checkpoint reseller for an upgrade
    > (d) dump checkpoint and go with another (possibly free) firewall

    d) is smart, since Mossad will surely have a backdoor into FW-1. But
    the workaround is to create a ppp interface and assign the licensing
    enforment to the interface, which never sees any traffic.

    --
    Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf.Hildebrandtat_private
    Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155