[logs] Remote logging to SQL DB with sysklogd-sql

From: Bill Rhodes (wrhodesat_private)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 15:49:47 PDT

    I've noticed lately that a lot of people have been asking about remote
    logging (apache, syslog, etc).  I happened to notice in today's
    SecurityFocus Linux Newsletter #82 there was a blurb about a program that
    claims to do this.  Here's the blurb:

    --
    3. sysklogd-sql v1.4.1
    by ronnocol
    sysklogd-sql is a port of the sysklogd daemon that can log data to a MySQL
    database running either on the same machine or a remote database server.
    The SQL configuration is done in the standard syslog.conf file for easy
    administration and configuration. Also included is a set of sample PHP
    scripts to query the data from the syslog database. In a large
    environment, you can set up a central logging server, or configure a
    secure syslog environment that will make it very difficult to tamper with
    the syslog data.
    --

    I assume it's not Linux-centric (or not as Linux-centric as sysklogd
    anyway), so I thought the folks here might like to know about it.

    -B