Re: [logs] Re: Generic Log Message Parsing Tool

From: Chris Calabrese (chris_calabreseat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 07:19:40 PDT

    Hmm, when you say all RFC's, does that include the upcoming RFC's by
    the IETF's Syslog working group (Reliable Delivery for Syslog and
    Syslog-Sign Protocol - see
    http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/syslog-charter.html for more info)?

    Meanwhile, as for formatting the messages, you might want to check out
    an old IETF draft by Abela and DeBeaupuis of Herve Schauer Consultants
    (www.hsc.fr) called "Universal Format for Logger Messages".

    At one point I was working on an xml-ization of their work (attached),
    and the folks at HSC extended their tools to do both their original
    format and the xml-ized version.

    Feel free to pick up where I had left off...