[logs] EnterpriseLogging.net

From: Sweth Chandramouli (loganalysisat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 11:43:23 PDT

    	OK, so a while ago I registered enterpriselogging.net, as
    a place where I was going to make available various log tools,
    whitepapers, etc., that I've written.  Prompted by the recent log parser
    discussion, I finally put the domain into DNS, and put up a very
    skeletal site.  So far, the only thing up is a draft of an Appendix from
    my book, discussing the myriad formats that syslog messages can take,
    which might help clarify the breadth of the target space I'm worried
    about in the Great Parser Debate.  Hopefully, if I get some time over
    the next week or two, I'll start putting other stuff up, like some
    grammars I've come up with for parsing syslog messages (or ones others
    might want to contribute to the effort), a couple of tools I've written,
    etc.  (I've also got an appendix underway that discusses similar issues
    for NT Event Log; hopefully my editor will let me put that up when it is
    finished, as well.)  (Also, as noted above, I just put this domain into
    DNS, so it might take a while to propogate to you.)

    	-- Sweth.

    --
    Sweth Chandramouli      Idiopathic Systems Consulting
    svcat_private      http://www.idiopathic.net/