[logs] tools

From: Mario Maawad Marcos (mmaawadat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 04:36:40 PDT

    Hi all,

    I know you´ll think that my question is so easy but for me it is not.

    The environment is an bank transaction. The bank wants to have all the flow through their components (Firewall, router, Application server, BBDD, OS, etc...) within this bank transaction.

    ¿Does exists any tool which could pick all these logs up  generated by all these differents components in order to be have a legal document wich could be used to confirm that someone has tried to lie the system?

    I know that there are a lot of tools like Patrol or OpenView or Unicenter, but these are mainly for monitoring besides monitoring these tools generate logs as well. But they are not a real tools for log centralization.

    Can you help me and recommend me some places where I could find out something?

    Thanks in advance,

    bye,

    Mario