[logs] Central syslog server

From: Nick Starai (trueat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 09:15:37 PDT

    I'm working on setting up a central log server. I've lurked around the
    links at http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html#infrastructure
    several times and setup central logging using 'The Logging Project'. It
    was fairly simple to setup, but it seemed to be dropping or throttling
    some messages. I would tail both log files and see not all of the original
    making it over. Was not to pleased with it. I see there are several
    simple ways as doing *.*	@hostname using syslogd, but i want to do
    all my web logs too. There are several central links, but I was just
    wondering on opinions from the list users of what works best for them. The
    servers are linux/freebsd. Thanks!

    Nick Starai
    Network Administrator
    ItsYourDomain.com