AW: [logs] Fight Back

From: Lubomir.Nistorat_private
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 02:54:17 PDT

    it is good to know what is normal and what not, but not many users (or
    "security experts") know that.
    but such log analysis requires lots of time and research. I very much
    doubt that there are many companies that have sufficient people for the
    job who have sufficient time to do research and investigation (if you
    know of any let me know as I'd like to work for them)

    windows is pretty painful for log analysis and from the info in sec
    eventlog you can't judge if it's an attack or just a misbehavior.
    Therefore the list is very useful to have, as people don't have to
    reinvent the wheel and solve the prob much sooner.

    lubo