Re: [logs] Secure Central Log Host

From: Christina Noren (cfrlnat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 18:08:45 PST

    The LMS stores text data internally in column-segregated compressed form. It
    does not internally store BLOBs, however, it is conceivable to store
    references to file locations where BLOBs are stored and create user-defined
    functions to use or access BLOBs in various ways from within LMS loads and
    queries.

    What kind of BLOBs are you interested in storing? How does this data need to
    be accessed in the context of log analysis? I'm very interested in these use
    cases and can possibly be more specific in my answer.

    Christina Noren
    director, systems consulting
    Addamark Technologies Inc.
    cfrlnat_private