[logs] Timestamp in syslog

From: Christopher Lonvick (clonvickat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 14:21:14 PST

    Hi,

    Timestamp information of any nature may be incorporated into the syslog
    standards fairly easily at this time.  It would require some editing of
    the syslog-sign ID changing it from the traditional timestamp to something
    more desireable to the Working Group.  (I'd recommend simply modifying the
    appropriate sections of the syslog-sign ID to accept the time format
    specified in RFC-3339.)  Then, after syslog-sign gets accepted as an RFC,
    RFC-3195 could be revised to use that timestamp rather than the
    traditional timestamp currently specified.

    I would invite anyone interested in doing so to participate in the Working
    Group and send comments about this to the Working Group mailing list.
      syslog-secat_private

    Thanks,
    Chris