RE: [logs] SDSC Secure Syslog

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 05:44:52 PST

    Chris,

    > I've made the offer before of allowing discussion of any
    > proposal to define a format for syslog messages on the WG
    > mailing list.  However, any document coming from that
    > discussion will not be a product of the WG. (Kind'a IETF
    > legal-eze to say that it cannot get endorsement from the WG
    > if/when it is presented to the IESG for consideration to turn
    > it into an
    > RFC.)

    If I understand you correctly, that means we should try to create a
    document (maybe as an effort on this mailing list) and then try to
    discuss it on the IETF WG mailing list. There, we'll get additional
    feedback but it won't make it into an RFC either ;) correct? At least
    there are chances some more people would in the long term agree to a new
    WG for the content? Did I get you right?

    Rainer Gerhards
    Adiscon