Re: [logs] log data in court (was administrivia)

From: Rodney Thayer (rodneyat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 08:07:27 PST

    At 05:34 AM 12/16/2002 +0000, Tina Bird wrote:
    >Hi all--
    >
    >I've had a couple of queries off list about whether particular topics are
    >appropriate for this forum.  Just so we're all clear -- I am finding the
    >discussion of legal issues regarding the use of log data in court
    >extremely valuable, so it's certainly appropriate.

    In my experience, when you say to a vendor "your logs are terrible --
    how would I take that into court?" they look at me like I'm from
    another planet.  So I think it's reasonable.

    So for example while working on that IDS article a while back I
    used that line >a lot< and NOBODY had any sort of coherent answer
    on that - never mind whether or not I liked the answer.