[logs] Administrivia

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 21:34:30 PST

    Hi all--

    I've had a couple of queries off list about whether particular topics are
    appropriate for this forum.  Just so we're all clear -- I am finding the
    discussion of legal issues regarding the use of log data in court
    extremely valuable, so it's certainly appropriate.  Similarly, I have no
    real problem with discussing issues regarding syslog transport mechanisms,
    as long as they don't come up in unrelated threads ;-)

    so carry on, all, and thank you for providing such interesting reading --

    tbird
    Log Analysis moderator

    "Our duty, as living things, is to be sure that pain is not our whole
    story, for we can choose to be otherwise....we can choose to dance."
                                 -- from "Six Moon Dance," by Sheri Tepper

    http://www.shmoo.com/~tbird
    Log Analysis http://www.loganalysis.org
    VPN http://vpn.shmoo.com