RE: [logs] Syslog payload format

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 11:49:29 PST

    > As a border hopper between open and close source implementors, I'd
    > suggest that if you're going for a license change, you move
    > to a BSD one,
    > that way there's no ambiguity about product inclusion.
    >
    > LGPL, for better or worse (and I refuse to pick which) brings FSF
    > politics into play.  A BSD style license has less
    > intertwining stuff for
    > the laywers to worry about.

    I would definitely prefer BSD - but it might be easier for a project to
    move vom GPL to LGPL. And it would at least serve my basic needs... But,
    true, BSD would be much better. For example, have you ever really
    thought about the clause in LGPL that in my option does not allow to
    statically link a lib...

    Rainer