RE: [logs] Syslog payload format

From: Marcus J. Ranum (mjrat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 09:28:31 PST

    Rainer Gerhards wrote:
    >Marcus: I think there were many positive comments on your logging map.
    >Would you take on the registry path?

    I'd be willing to maintain the tag registry, yes.

    Now, someone (I forget who) posted an amplified version of
    a tagging dictionary. Shall I use that, review it and work
    over any snags, and define a prefix for reserved tags? (I
    like Paul's suggestion of "R_"...)

    >Tina & Marcus: would loganalysis.org be *the* place to have this
    >hosted... Just a thought...

    I'm up for it if tbird is. The webmaster of the site's a friend
    of mine, so it's pretty easy to keep it up there. :)

    mjr.
    ---
    Marcus J. Ranum				http://www.ranum.com
    Computer and Communications Security	mjrat_private