Re: [logs] SWATCH configuration

From: swatch swatch (swatch_5at_private)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 09:28:41 PST

    Hi,

    I ran 4 different SWATCH instances for the different log files (all with
    --daemon at the end) and all processes are running successfully from what i
    can tell.  For the first time I was redirected back to the root prompt each
    time.  Although, I am still not getting emails into my inbox.  My swatchrc
    file is the same as it was in my first posting.  I am stumped unless it is a
    firewall issue.  The box SWATCH is running on is on a different subnet than
    what I am on.  However, I have configured sendmail to forward emails to me
    with a smarthost.  I know this works because i get nightly Tripwire reports
    from the same box SWATCH is on.  Therefore, I don't know what I am missing.
    Any thoughts?  By the way, each time I edit my swatchrc file i kill the perl
    and SWATCH processes and then restart them once the editing is finished.  I
    assume that is fine?