RE: [logs] Charset selection (Was: Re: EventLog library)

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 00:41:39 PST

    Darren,

    I see the point. But the more we move into that direction the more we
    look like BEEP/RFC3195. I think that was also the bottom line on the
    discussion on the IETF WG maling list: if you want to do it *really*
    right, you end up with something similar like RFC3195.

    My intention here is to have a very low-change, easy to do enhancement
    to "classic" syslog. For the real stuff, go to RFC3195...

    I might be totally off the track - but at least this is right now my
    honest opinion...

    Rainer