RE: [logs] RE: syslog/tcp (selp)

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 13:20:57 PST

    > > On the topic of delimiters. We discovered today that the
    > PIX actually
    > > sends a single LF at the end of its messages.
    >
    > Great!
    > That just leaves the time stamp incompatible with the ideas
    > we're discussing.

    Do you mean the PIX timestamp? If so, I would like to include some
    wording that the receiver should try to parse common time stamp formats,
    if it is not a RFC3339 timestamp. I know this is the opposite of what
    RFC3164 specifies, and I know there are some issue with it - but I know
    it because we all try it anyhow ;)

    Rainer