RE: [logs] RE: syslog/tcp (selp)

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 13:14:47 PST

    > How would it needlessly break things ?
    >
    > We're already defining a new mesage so why be concerned about
    > another change ?

    I personally would like to keep change as minimal as possible. I still
    have the feeling that SELP (or SLP) will only be an interim solution on
    the way to RFC3195. At least I would like to ensure that a relay can be
    created with as minimal work as possible and without the need to discuss
    which information needs to be dropped. Actually, I believe that these
    things should go into the payload part (something that is currently
    being reviewed here on the list but needs some more formalization). If
    that information goes as a tag in payload, it can travel over RFC3164,
    3195,SELP, syslog-sign and whatever will be out there.

    Rainer