RE: [logs] RE: syslog/tcp (selp)

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 06:43:22 PST

    Bennett,

    > Could you describe the scenario in which the current selp.txt
    > proposal is unreliable?

    Please bear a little with me - I am just updating the spec. In essence,
    it is realiable as long as the TCP stream works. When the stream is
    broken, we do not know exactly why that happened and if (and when) the
    sender should re-try. You also don't know for sure if the receiver
    really received the last message or so.

    Rainer