Re: FW: [logs] Logging in the real world

From: Russell Fulton (r.fultonat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 11:17:39 PST

    On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 05:43, Tina Bird wrote:

    > In the long run, having dev and engineering questions in the same "space"
    > occupied by a bunch of system administrators can hardly be a bad thing.

    I strongly agree.  Useful work is being done here and there is no other
    obvious forum to move it to.  At times I have done a bulk delete on
    various threads because I was to busy to follow the discussion in detail
    ( I often read a few messages at random to get an idea of where the
    discussion was headed first). But when I did have time I have found the
    discussion interesting and useful.  I strongly believe that it is vital
    to understand the tools you use and their limitations, if nothing else
    this discussion has given everyone a detailed insight into the technical
    challenges of event logging and the limitations of current and proposed
    technology.

    "It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin