Re: [logs] How are people bringing DMZ syslog msgs into the central server?

From: Paul D. Robertson (probertsat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 15:15:42 PST

    On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Jason Haar wrote:

    > What with the desire for real-time alerts, how are people bringing those
    > logs in?

    Most of the stuff I've seen has SSH tunneled the traffic from a local
    syslog server.  Except those folks who just pass the packets in.

    Personally, I've never catered to that desire in operational environments
    I've run except with a local server analyzing the traffic and mailing out
    an alert.

    YMMV,

    Paul