[logs] SQL Server Worm on UDP/1434 causes major trouble

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 06:16:54 PST

    Hi list,

    This is definitely off-topic, but I suggest that all those who did not
    yet hear about the new, very serious SQL server worm please review

        http://www.nextgenss.com/advisories/mssql-udp.txt

    And take appropriate and immediate action. This seems not to be hype,
    based on what I see in our own firewall logs as well as on the many
    reports on bugtraq.

    Rainer Gerhards
    Adiscon