Re: [logs] Regulatory logging requirements

From: Bennett Todd (betat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 13:46:37 PST

    2003-02-05T12:28:03 Jason Wake:
    > - how long the data must be retained

    Lots and lots of business records are routinely kept for 3 years; I
    believe that's [just] deep enough to keep the SEC from fining you
    or kicking you out of a market for failure to produce records on
    demand. I did say "I believe"; I can't cite statutes defending the
    3-year figure, but I've heard it an awful lot on the job.

    -Bennett