Re: [logs] How are people bringing DMZ syslog msgs into the central server?

From: Bennett Todd (betat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 13:54:08 PST

    2003-02-05T16:11:53 Mikael Olsson:
    > Balazs Scheidler wrote:
    > > syslog-ng supports files over 2GB
    >
    > Hm? Interesting. My syslog-ng on a linux box promptly died every
    > time the daily log hit 2GB. Just exited. This is consistent with
    > how glibc behaves, [...]

    and indeed I believe you've identified the problem; syslog-ng can't
    reasonably work around limitations of the libraries it's built on,
    it just needs to be type-correct to take advantage of more capable
    libraries as they become available.

    > Anyway, this wasn't meant as an all-out criticism on syslog-ng.

    Understood; we're just suggesting that this criticism doesn't apply
    to syslog-ng, but perhaps to some other component on which it
    depends, which has a limitation on the platform you're using.

    -Bennett