[logs] Monitoring IIS Log file paper

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 08:57:35 PST

    Hi all,

    I would like to let you know that I have just brought online a paper
    done by Tina Bird and me. It is on remotely monitoring IIS log files by
    forwarding them via syslog.

    The current paper is version 1.0 - updates are already underway and will
    definitely happen. We expect them, however, to take another month or
    two, so we decided to post the paper v 1.0 now.

    It is available at

    http://www.monitorware.com/Common/en//SecurityReference/monitoring-iis-l
    ogs.pdf

    (a long url ending in ".pdf" - take care when you see a 404!)

    Comments on this paper are very welcome.

    We hope it is helpful.

    Rainer Gerhards
    Adiscon