[logs] sending flatfiles to the event log in windows.

From: Blaise St-Laurent (bstlaurentat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 10:17:56 PDT

    I know this has already been asked once on the list, but i have a bit
    of a twist.

    i have a couple of applications that write flatfile logs whose name is
    the date they are written (for example 20030405.log) I need an
    application that can monitor the log directory for these files, and in
    real time, add them to one of the event logs OR send them to a syslog
    host. Either or, i don't really care, the idea being to get them to the
    syslog host eventually.

    I know i could write a perl script to do this, but these systems are
    fairly sensitive, and i'd rather not have perl installed on the
    machines.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance,
    Blaise St-Laurent