[logs]Re: Recommendations for a syslog checker

From: Daniel San Miguel Reyero (dasr@private)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 10:37:39 PST

    They are 2 good programs for chechk a syslog files in Linux/UNIX:

    logcheck (http://packages.debian.org/testing/admin/logcheck.html) for debian
    systems:
     deb package		Description
      logcheck -          Mails anomalies in the system logfiles to the
                          administrator
      logcheck-database - A database of system log rules for the use of log
                          checkers

    Another good GPL syslog checker is ( logwatch http://www2.logwatch.org:81/ )

    A good reference is:
    http://www.loganalysis.org/