Re: [logs]Re: Recommendations for a syslog checker

From: Daniel Cid (danielcid@private)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 10:10:02 PST

    Well, i really suggest the use of the oshids :)
    http://www.ossec.net/oshids/

    "
    Its an Open Source log files scan/check. It reads the
    specified log files and search for
    malicious entries. The os-hids can work in "real-time"
    (as a daemon), which analyses the log entry as soon
    as it appears in the log ...
    It is very configurable, and can notify by email if
    any problem happen (a rule match)... It have some kind
    of buffer control (to avoid a lot of repeted messages
    ) too.
    "

    (http://packages.debian.org/testing/admin/logcheck.html)

    http://www.loganalysis.org/sections/parsing/application-specific/index.html