Re: [logs] Statistical or probabilistic log mining

From: Stefano Zanero (stefano.zanero@private)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 12:07:05 PST

    John, I have very preliminary results on similar topics in a paper which
    will appear at the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing:

    S. Zanero, S. M. Savaresi, "Unsupervised Learning Techniques for an
    Intrusion Detection System", accepted for publication, Proceedings of the
    ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, ACM SAC 2004, 14-17 Mar 2004, Nicosia,
    Cyprus. http://www.elet.polimi.it/upload/zanero/eng/papers.htm

    In addition, I had some positive results with similar techniques on log
    files, but I omitted them from this paper due to excessive lenght.

    Regards,
    Stefano