[logs] simple syslog/tcp implementations

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards@private)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 06:36:03 PST

    Hi all,

    I am doing some research for a paper. I wonder how many and which syslog
    daemons (servers) and devices do support syslog over plain TCP. I mean a
    non-standard TCP transport, not RFC3195. I thought this list would be a
    good place for such a survey. I am currently aware of the following:

    - syslog-ng (*nix)
    - kiwi syslog (Windows)
    - adiscon monitorware (windows)
    - cisco PIX firewall

    I assume there are some more. If you happen to know some AND have a link
    to an URL with more information (protocol spec? user manual?) I would
    appreciate if you could pass it on to me. Please answer off-list, I will
    compile all responses and post a summary.

    Many thanks,
    Rainer