[logs] RedHat, Syslog and Remote Logging

From: Allan Liska (allan@private)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 11:48:39 PST

    Good Afternoon,

    I am trying to sert up remote logging on a Redhat box.  Normally, all it
    would take is adding the -r to syslog, but that does not seem to work.
    More specifically, if I start syslog from the command line with a -r it
    works fine, but if I edit the syslog start up file so that syslog starts
    with the -r the server does not accept any remote connections.

    Does anyone have any experience with this, and can anyone offer me any
    suggestions?

    Thanks!

    allan
    --