Re: [logs] syslog-ng performance

From: Amodiovalerio Verde (hypo@private)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 13:20:28 PST

    I made some performance issue on a Pentium 2.4 , 512 RAM, and 7200rpm eide
    disks.

    I use an injector on 10 pcs, and each one send 1000 msg/sec.

    I lost no one record after 10 minutes running. ( but during the test the
    uptime showed me an increasing CPU load )

    With a load of 4000 msg/sec I got no more increasing CPU load

    Naturally a lot depends on CPU/RAM/DISKS

    Bye

    Amodiovalerio [Hypo] Verde